Distinguishing unique patterns of biodiversity in eastern and western areas of Southeast Asia, the Wallace Line is found between A. Borneo to the east and Sumatra and the Malay Peninsula to the west. B. Borneo and Sulawesi. C. East Timor and New Guinea. D. the South China Sea and the Philippine Se
8. Scientists recently discovered that the universe g. has started to contract in size.
h. is expanding even faster than before.
i. is no longer expanding or contracting.
j. will soon go through another big bang
is expanding more and more
The part of the Earth that contains the air we breathe is called the: a. biosphere
The correct answer or biosphere
The domanice of the spanish language in latin america and contuined use of the french language in senegal are examples of
The fact that Spanish is the official language of some twenty countries in the Americas is a direct result of colonization. Like the Portuguese spoken in Brazil or the French and English spoken in Canada, Spanish was brought to the New World by European colonists and did not originate in the Americas.
The case of Senegal is more complex since Wolof is also widely spoken in the country, but the status of French as the administrative and official language is a result of the French colonization of the Senegal and many other West African nations.
How long does it take for a Rift Valley to form ?
Around 25 million years
Answer: It can take millions of years for a rift valley to form.
Explanation: A rift valley is formed on a divergent plate boundary, a crustal extension or spreading apart of the surface, which is subsequently further deepened by the forces of erosion.
What are the two types of downbursts, and how are they different? How is a funnel cloud different from a tornado? List the various stages in the formation of a tropical cyclone or hurricane, in order. Why does a hurricane begin to dissipate after it makes landfall? Explain how the heat index and the wind chill index are similar and different. What type of severe weather prevents sweat from evaporating to cool down bodies?
2. hurricane/tropical cyclone
3. recurrent weather
4. The two types of downbursts are macrobursts and microbursts. A macroburst affects an area that's greater than 2.5 miles across. A microburst affects an area that's less than 2.5 miles across.
5. A funnel cloud forms as a spinning column of air that descends from a thundercloud. However, a funnel cloud doesn't become a tornado until it actually touches the ground. Once it touches the ground, where it begins to pick up dust and debris, it becomes a tornado.
6. Tropical cyclones, such as hurricanes, are fueled by warm ocean waters. Once they make landfall, they lose this fuel source and begin to lose strength.
7. The heat index and the wind chill index are similar because both consider other factors that affect how air temperature feels. The heat index considers relative humidity in relation to air temperature. Higher humidity makes air temperatures feel hotter. The wind chill index considers wind speed in relation to air temperature. Higher wind speeds make air temperatures feel colder.
8. Heat waves—Heat waves can be very dangerous when accompanied by high humidity. The human body depends on evaporation of sweat to cool itself down on hot days. When humidity levels are high, the rate of evaporation slows down. Consequently, it becomes harder for the body to cool itself and much easier for the body to overheat.
If a tornado causes considerable damage with wind speeds of 111 to 135 miles per hour, it’s classified as E2F tornado on the Enhanced Fujita Scale.
The type of major storm called a/an hurrican or tropical cyclone is driven primarily by the Coriolis effect.
The weather pattern that stays over one area for an extended period of time is known as recurrent weather.
Downbursts are classified into two types: macrobursts and microbursts. A macroburst affects an area larger than 2.5 miles in diameter. A microburst affects an area less than 2.5 miles in diameter.
A funnel cloud is formed when a spinning column of air descends from a thunderstorm. A funnel cloud, on the other hand, does not become a tornado until it makes contact with the ground.
Warm ocean waters generate tropical cyclones like hurricanes. When they reach land, they lose their fuel source and begin to deteriorate.
The heat index and the wind chill index are similar in that they both take into account various elements that influence how warm the air feels. The heat index takes relative humidity into account in proportion to air temperature. Higher humidity raises the perceived temperature of the air. The wind chill index takes wind speed into account in proportion to air temperature. Wind speeds increase the sensation of coldness in the air.
Heat waves—When combined with excessive humidity, heat waves can be extremely deadly. On hot days, the human body relies on perspiration evaporation to keep cool. The rate of evaporation reduces when humidity levels are high. As a result, it becomes more difficult for the body to cool itself and much easier for the body to overheat.
I did the test
The lakes of the sierra nevada mountains are sensitive to the changing climate because
Ninety percent of the Sun is composed of which element? a. iron
When food is scarce in extremely cold climates, it may be __________.