It has been reduced to scrub vegetation by overgrazing.
What general pattern of winds near the equator
Match the geographic tool to its description: 1. Atlas
elevation is indicated by the distance between lines
best tool to use to compare the size of the continents
reduces distortion of distance, direction, and area
colors show the earth's features
5. Mercator projection
best tool to use to pinpoint your exact location
6. Political map
collection of maps
best tool to use to locate the boundaries between countries
8. Relief map
used by cartographers when visibility is reduced
9. Topographical map
best tool to use to plan hurricane evacuation routes
10. Winkel Tripel projection
areas near the poles appear larger than they are
1. Atlas - Collection of maps
2. GIS - Best tool to use to plan hurricane evacuation routes
3. Globe - Best tool to use to compare the size of the continents
4. GPS - Best tool to use to pinpoint your exact location
5. Mercator projection - Areas near the poles appear larger than they are
6. Political map - Best tool to use to locate the boundaries between countries
7. RADAR - Used by cartographers when visibility is reduced
8. Relief map - Colors show the earth's features
9. Topographical map - Elevation is indicated by the distance between lines
10. Winkel Tripel projection - Reduces distortion of distance, direction, and area
To complete this activity we need to understand the concepts of each of the geographical tools given
1. Atlas - An Atlas is a collection of maps of Earth, or a region of Earth. They present geographic features, political boundaries, and often geopolitical, social, religious and economic statistics.
2. GIS - Stands for Geographic Information System or Science, is a computer system for gathering, managing and analyzing spatial or geographic data. It can show many different kinds of data on one map, such as streets, buildings, vegetation, etc. Which allows people to see more easily, analyze and understand patterns and relationships, helping users make smarter decisions.
3. Globe - It is a spherical model of Earth or celestial body. Globes do not distort the surface that they represent, only to scale it down, but the proportions remain faithful.
4. GPS - stands for Global Positioning System, and is global navigation satellite system which provides geolocation and time information to a receiver anywhere on earth. The GPS provides critical positioning capabilities to anyone with a GPS receiver.
5. Mercator projection -It is a cylindrical map projection which became the standard map projection for navigation as it represents any course as a straight segment. The Mercator projection inflates the size of objects away from the equator, and shows objects far larger than they actually are as they get closer to the poles.
6. Political map - Political maps are designed to show the boundaries of countries, states, the location of major cities. Different colours are often used to differentiate between nations.
7. RADAR - It is a detection system using radio waves to determine the range, angle and speed of objects. It's often used to detect aircraft, ships, spacecraft, missiles, weather formations and terrain. In navigation it's often used to identify obstacles in the route when there is low visibility.
8. Relief map - It is a three-dimensional representation usually of terrain. The layers of the terrain are overlaid with a color map to make it more realistic
9. Topographical map - Is a map that shows in large scale a representation of relief, using contour lines. A contour line is a line connecting places of equal elevation.
10. Winkel Tripel projection - It is a map projection of the world which minimizes three kinds of distortion: area, direction and distance. The equator and the poles are straight lines, while all other parallels are curved.
1. Atlas:collection of maps
2. Gis: best tool to plan huricane evacuation plans
3:Globe: best tool to compare the size of the continents
4. Gps: best tool to pinpoint your exact location
5. Mercater Projection: areas near the poles appear larger then they are
6.Political map: best tool to locate the boundaries between countries.
7. RADAR: best tool to use when visibility is reduced
8. Relief map: colors show the Earth's features
9.Topographical maps: Elevation is indicated by the distance between lines
10: Winkel Tripel projection: reduces distortion of distance, direction, and area
What is happening to the plant life on the shores of lake powell because of the changing water levels?
In 1997 the rocky mountains experienced record snowfalls after the eastern pacific ocean had warmer than average water temperatures. which of the following is probably linked to the extra snow? a la nina
b the gulf stream
c el nino
d the coriolis effect
A few scientists say global warming is largely due to a natural cycle. What is some evidence of the natural cycle? A. Humans have lived in areas with extreme temperature ranges.
B. Humans once settled in areas now covered by glaciers.
C. Humans have farmed in certain areas for centuries.
D. Humans have long settled in areas with tropical climates.
Scientists say global warming is largely due to a natural cycle it is evident from the fact that humans once settled in areas now covered by glaciers.
Humans once settled in areas now covered by glaciers.
Individuals who identify with the label "transgender" may be quite different from one another. What is the common feature that gives this category meaning?
The parallel connection to masculinity exists for transgender females.
A country in Africa is experiencing a long period of time with no rainfall. Which of the following events is most likely to occur as crops begin to die? A. an earthquake B. a flood C. a famine D. a hurricane Please select the best answer from the choices provided A B C D
C. a famine
Which of the following countries had the longest civil war? A) Angola
C) Democratic Republic of Congo
Hydrogenous sediments originate from elements in a. freshwater.
c. cold water.
d. warm water.