She is fearful of them. i think thats the answer
she is fearful of them
(1) It was a bright and sunny summer day, we were all hot and sticky. (2) Swimming seemed a wonderful way to escape the heat. (3) We decided to go to the pool. (4) Everyone looked forward to jumping into cool water. (5) Soon the sounds of splashing water. (6) We forgot about the heat. (7) The sounds of laughing swimmers also made us forget the heat. Which of the sentences above is a fragment? A. sentence 4 B. sentence 5 C. sentence 3 D. sentence 6
Which of the following is a tool used to study the stars? an hr diagram a stethoscope a meter stick a beaker
What is the main effect of having Oona tell the story of Kinoos before letting Negore explain himself?
Suppose there are 15 jelly beans in a box (2 red, 3 blue, 4 white, and 6 green). A jelly bean is selected at random. What is the probability that the jelly bean is not red?
american flag stands for tolerance summary what ideas are expressed both in the editorial and the court opinion? which do you find more convincing? why?
A sentence that contains only one subject and one verb is ? A compound sentence
A complex sentence
A simple sentence
A compound - complex sentence
Answer: A simple sentence
Explanation: Because it is XD
1. The cause of the Montgomery bus boycott was Rosa Park’s arrest. What was the direct effect of the boycott? A. Americans were forced to see the injustices faced by African Americans.
B. A statue of Rosa Parks was erected in Washington, D.C.
C. Barack Obama became the President of the United States of America.
D. Rosa Parks challenged her arrest with the help of Martin Luther King, Jr.
2. Rosa Parks was passionate about equality and freedom. What evidence from the passage supports this conclusion?
A. Rosa Parks avoided riding the bus driven by the man who had once pushed her off the bus.
B. According to one of her friends, “Nobody ever bossed Rosa around and got away with it.”
C. When the bus driver threatened to have Rosa Parks arrested, she did not resist arrest.
D. Rosa Parks fought for voting rights and rallied against discrimination in the criminal justice system.
3. What is one of the main reasons why President Obama delivered this speech?
A. to explain why you should never give up your bus seat
B. to convey the importance of fighting injustice
C. to give people a lesson in American history
D. to tell people to always be kind to one another
4.What is this passage mostly about?
A. how buses in Montgomery, Alabama became desegregated
B. the life and work of Martin Luther King, Jr.
C. history of the civil rights movement in the U.S.
D. how Rosa Parks helped change America
5. Read the following sentences: “Black men and women and children re-boarded the buses of Montgomery, newly desegregated, and sat in whatever seat happen to be open. And with that victory, the entire edifice of segregation, like the ancient walls of Jericho, began to slowly come tumbling down.”
As used in this sentence, what does “segregation” mean?
A. the practice of keeping people of different races separate
B. the specific type of bus used in Montgomery, Alabama
C. the practice of keeping people of different sexes separate
D. the belief that some people or races are superior to others
6. Choose the answer that best completes the sentence below.
_________ most people remember Rosa Parks as the woman who refused to give up her seat on the bus, she stood up for equality and freedom throughout her lifetime.
6. B) Although
The bonus army constructed _______ from any materials they could find. A) Billets
The Bonus Army built "Billets" from any materials they could find.
I hope this helps!
the answer is A :)
What are the eight different kinds of nonfiction being written today?
Answer: Eight different kinds
Explanation:nonfiction include formal and informal essays, speeches, letters, diaries, journals, biographies, magazine articles, and newspaper stories.